NEW! Enroll Online at https://enroll.pylusd.org
For more information regarding our Preppy K program please visit the PYLUSD Preppy K website
* In order to pick up a Registration Packet, please make sure to bring document items 1-3 with you, so we may very your child’s age and residency.
* Item numbers 4-6 may be turned in with your completed Registration Packet.
Packets will NOT be given out without the proper paperwork.
Van Buren Elementary School – Registration Checklist
1. Residency Verification – ONE of the following items are required:
- Electric bill or Gas bill (both sections, top and bottom)
- Property Tax or Income Tax
- Escrow papers with closing date
- Social Services documents
- Payroll Stub/Unemployment Check/Disability Benefits
PYLUSD Residency Verification Affidavit Forms: If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because they are included in the rent, we will need the following District mandated forms:
- Co-Resident Supplemental Form
- Rental Supplemental Form
2.) Identity Verification – Parent/Guardian/Caregiver/Agency or Group Representative
- Current Driver’s License/California I.D. Card
- National Identification Card
- Passport with Photo I.D.
3). Birth Certificate – Original (no abstract, hospital report or baptismal certificate)
4.) Immunization Record (Detailed list below of State Requirements):
- IPV (Polio) ~ 3 Doses (last dose must be on or after 4th birthday, or 4th at any age.)
- DTP/DtaP ~ 4 Doses DT/Td (4 doses meet requirement if last one was given after 4th birthday)
- MMR Vaccine ~ 2 doses or 1 MMR and 1 measles containing vaccine meets requirement (both doses must be given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) ~ 1 dose (dose must be given after 1st birthday or disease to be documented by health care provider)
- Hepatitis B ~ 3 doses (series needs to be started with minimum of 1st dose for school entry)
5.) Report of Health Examination: (completed within 18 months before entering 1st grade)
6.) Documents Required for 1st-6th Grade Students:
- The Student’s current report card from the previous school.
- GATE students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms (Only if applicable to your child)
- Special Education and 504 students: Prior IEP and Assessments (Only if applicable to your child)
For the school boundary map, click here.